Well having made some maps in the past, and one more recent .
And the fact that in the old days i never was able to compile big maps wich i wanted on my pentium 2 350Mhz and almost 1024 mb ram.
Now I can, and iam trying to make a romulan bird of prey ,
The purpose for online shooter games on a big map with a few players is not fun, however an rpg it should do just fine.
My problem iam a rpg-noob i never even played it but i like making maps. so i herewith present an overview of the curent status of my map
perhaps I can recieve some feedback on what is or is not important on a rpg map ( and what are scripts )?
Problems questions and sugjestions
- are there any important rooms left out on the list below ?
- I still have 4 rooms left to decorate.
- I want one to be used as spy centre, and two as a holoroom for spy traing
- in the 2 traing rooms it would be nice to recreate a part of a map a bridge or so or a part of it,
who can help the tal shiar a with their intelligence operations, and reveal the secrets of the federation, or the Klingon Empire
- scripting what does it do ?
Current status of the map
Layout and rooms created
Textures, basics are created, still lots to do on detail and shader files
Detailing and fine tunig light still need to be done
Shaders some are done
Scripts it sounds so complicated I need help here
Sounds none so far
Overview of the current map
- ship with hallways and a few maintenance ducts
- Bridge : Command chair, 2 seated workstations, a few stand alone work stations
- Commander office: big table, 6 chairs, commander desk, 2 chairs, private kitchen
- Meeting room bridge personal ; extra large table, 9 chairs, private kitchen
- 2 commander quarters: big table, 6 chairs, 1 couch, big bath room, big sleeping area with 2 beds
- 2 subcommander quarters: just a bit less then the commanders.
- 8 standard quarters: its small and you have to share it.
- 1 big kitchen and lunchroom: Lots of tables and chairs but dont you dare to sit at the offciers table.
- 2 sickbays,2? yup Romulan Ale may cause hangovers, Also 1 can be upgraded to a personal information extraction unit ( romulan torture room ) if needed
- 2 detention areas with command post and 3 cell's each
- 2 storage area's
- 2 rooms with old romulan prototype of the singulartiy engine drive
- 2 accesible warp nacelles
- 1 warp engine cooling room with warp drive coupling for optimal synchronisation of the double singularty engine
- 1 shuttlebay with 2 protype shuttles, wich later leaded to the development of the first romulan warbird
- 3 internal transporter rooms for fast internall troop relocations, the combined resolution of the transporters can stealth ransport a spy to every place the TAL SHIAR desires
an unstable singularty warp engine core can lead to temporal anomalies and speeling errosr