Greetings from another RPG-X Community

• I hope that you will forgive what I suspect will be a bit of a language barrier, in the hopes of helping facilitate communication, I'm going to repost this message using Google Translate into German... but please bare in mind, I am an native English speaker, with a small history speaking Spanish, so things may translate in an unexpected manner.

In any event.

I am Klaw, an RPG-X player, mapper and die hard Star Trek enthusiast from the United States. I have known about your community for many years, as some of the maps used throughout the RPG-X community were built by your members (and they are fantastic, by the way). Anyway, I am reaching out to you all today as I am on a bit of a quest.

Earlier this year, I decided to head out on my own, and try to rebuild and unite the RPG-X community. Progress has been slow, as I am also working a full time job, mapping frantically for a series that I'm running, and all together trying to keep my sanity (ha ha); however, steps have been taken, and small progress has been made. We are in our infancy with some new content developers, ubergames.net, the repository of all RPG-X knowledge, is a working website yet again (it's still dead in the sense that nobody uses it to share new information , but old information can be retrieved from it).

Basically, I have a dream, and I'm trying to rebuild the golden age of RPG-X. I thought I should reach out to some new faces from across the Atlantic Ocean and say hello, RPG-X isn't dead, so long as we still enjoy it.

Feel free to check us out, the home of this little endeavor is here: https://www.st-daedalus.com .

I hope this message finds you well, and that this can be the start of a fruitful friendship.

Be well,

Klaw

Ich erwähnte oben, dass ich auf Deutsch mit Google Translate reposte. Ich hoffe, dass die Übersetzung meiner aufrichtigen, herzlichen Botschaft nahe kommt.

Ich bin Klaw, ein RPG-X-Spieler, Mapper und sterblicher Star Trek-Fan aus den USA. Ich kenne deine Community seit vielen Jahren, da einige der Maps, die in der RPG-X Community verwendet wurden, von deinen Mitgliedern erstellt wurden (und sie sind übrigens fantastisch). Wie auch immer, ich werde euch heute alle erreichen, während ich auf der Suche bin.

Anfang des Jahres habe ich beschlossen, alleine loszuziehen und zu versuchen, die RPG-X Community wieder aufzubauen und zu vereinen. Der Fortschritt war langsam, da ich auch einen Vollzeitjob mache und verzweifelt für eine Serie, die ich leite, kartiere und alles zusammen versuche, meinen Verstand zu bewahren (ha ha); Es wurden jedoch Schritte unternommen und kleine Fortschritte erzielt. Wir sind in den Kinderschuhen mit einigen neuen Content-Entwicklern, ubergames.net, das Repository aller RPG-X-Kenntnisse, ist wieder eine funktionierende Website (es ist immer noch tot in dem Sinne, dass niemand neue Informationen nutzt, sondern alte Informationen daraus abgerufen werden).

Im Grunde habe ich einen Traum, und ich versuche, das goldene Zeitalter von RPG-X wieder aufzubauen. Ich dachte, ich sollte mich über den Atlantik auf neue Gesichter stürzen und Hallo sagen, RPG-X ist nicht tot, solange wir es noch genießen.

Fühlen Sie sich frei, uns zu überprüfen, das Haus dieser kleinen Bemühung ist hier: https://www.st-daedalus.com.

Ich hoffe, diese Nachricht findet Sie gut und das kann der Beginn einer fruchtbaren Freundschaft sein.

Gut sein,

Klaw

if I may add one more thing, I noticed a thread stating that Windows 10 is killing RPG-X.

A Technical guru buddy of mine discovered that if you set the command /in_mouse to 1 (instead of the default of -1) in your hmconfig file, it will fix the overflow. Just thought I'd offer some friendly help :D

• A Technical guru buddy of mine discovered that if you set the command /in_mouse to 1 (instead of the default of -1) in your hmconfig file, it will fix the overflow. Just thought I'd offer some friendly help

Er hat recht das löst das Problem, jedoch ist das Movement dann nur noch über die Tastatur möglich, Ausser Feuern, und so. Und die Datei ist bei mir nicht in Hmconfig.cfg sondern in efconfig.cfg

odksig11.jpg
    Sheppard: Es heißt sowas passiert alle 20 Jahre, stimmt's?
    Weir: So wurde es uns gesagt.
    Sheppard: Wie weit im Voraus kann ich meinen Urlaub einreichen?

• <span class="notranslate" onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">

Er hat recht das löst das Problem, jedoch ist das Movement dann nur noch über die Tastatur möglich, Ausser Feuern, und so.</span> He is right that solves the problem, but the movement is then only possible on the keyboard, except firing, and so on.</span> <span class="notranslate" onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">Und die Datei ist bei mir nicht in Hmconfig.cfg sondern in efconfig.cfg

</span> And the file is not in Hmconfig.cfg with me but in efconfig.cfg [/ quote]</span>

if I may, There should be an hmconfig.cfg file in your RPG-X2 directory. I can attest that this error was resolved for me in this manner, as well as a number of other players, and we all still have mouse capabilities. Alternatively, you could load RPG-X and use the console to input "/in_mouse 1" that way. (without the quotes).

I'm very willing to try to help if I can, like I said, I want to help rebuild this game :)]

Klaw

• I forgot to mention, that if you do input the command through the console in game, you will likely need to restart the game for it to take effect.

Klaw

• Ich habe die faltsche datei geändert dadruch hat er seta in_mouse "to -1" gemacht, nach dem ich die zu seta in_mouse "1" geändert habe könnte ich die Maus normal nutzen. die Richtige hmconfig.cfg ist auch bei mir in C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\RPGXEF\RPG-X2 nicht die einfach in BaseEF^^

Ich werde das mal testen. Thank you Klaw! clap_clap

Klaw, here work all normal now^^

odksig11.jpg
    Sheppard: Es heißt sowas passiert alle 20 Jahre, stimmt's?
    Weir: So wurde es uns gesagt.
    Sheppard: Wie weit im Voraus kann ich meinen Urlaub einreichen?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tom Paris ()

• Hello and welcome to our community forums , Klaw:). I seem to remember your name but...it's been a while.

First of all thank you for reaching out and for all your efforts in bringing the remaining RPG-X community closer together once again. The last few years really did feel rather lonely in that regard.
    And of course thank you so, so much for fixing this nasty overflow problem. I've tested it myself now and RPG-X once again works like a charm (well, at least as much as it ever did that) clap_clap

If you want you are more than welcome to create an account here and we will give you ambassador status so you can see everything and don't have to post / read as a guest, can send / receive private messages etc.

As for your proposal...I wish you luck and will certainly keep an eye out for your website and the "new" Ubergames forums.

One way or the other, I'm sure we'll keep in touch and I look forward to once again build friendships with other RPG-X groups and players.

P.S. I'm starting to think sanity is overrated anyway Jaaaa

• It certainly has been a while, Lexa. and I'm only too happy to help.

I firmly believe that if RPG-X is ever going to thrive again, we need to come together, look out for one another, and share what we can.

• Hi Klaw, thank you for your advice on this bug! :)

I got another question for you, maybe you can help me with that.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... erm... wrong genre. :D

I knew there was a command where you could force the game to display more then 3 chatlines at the top of the screen. But I don't remember the command anymore, maybe you or your tech guru knows something about that?

Thanks in advance, Marc. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!